This data protection guideline is provided for you by calina.systems GmbH ("calina.systems" or "calina.", "we", "us", "our") –Bergfeldstraße 1, 83607 Holzkirchen, Germany.
This data protection guideline explains what personal data is, what types of personal data we collect, for what purposes this data is collected, how it is processed and what rights you have in this respect.
Please be assured that we handle your personal data with care.
Processing of Personal Data
What are personal data
Personal data are information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as your contact details, order details or product information.
General principles governing the processing of personal data
calina.systems adheres to the following principles when processing your personal data:
- We collect personal data exclusively for specific, clear and lawful purposes.
- We do not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to fulfil these purposes.
- We do not use personal data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless prior consent has been given.
- We do not transfer personal data to third parties unless we have received prior consent.
- We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised disclosure or access and any other form of unlawful processing.
- Unless otherwise stated, we do not store personal data for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the data was collected or for which it is further processed, or for legal reasons.
What personal data we collect and process
When you interact with calina.systems through various channels including our website, dealers and customer service, we collect and process your personal data. The data we collect and process can be categorised as follows:
- Your personal information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address (if provided), telephone number (if provided), IP address, and in some cases, location and language
- Your purchase information, such as your personal information (as stated above), your company name (if provided), your shipping information, such as your shipping address (if different from your mailing address), your order information, such as product name, product serial number, quantity, date of purchase and any dealer information and your payment information.
- Customer service enquiries and requests for technical support, which include your personal details (as stated above), product serial number, product warranty information, place of purchase and other relevant information that calina.systems may request in order to process your request.
How we use your personal data
We collect and process personal data only if at least one of the following purposes applies:
- We process your orders, complete purchase transactions, ensure the delivery of purchased products, handle any returns. The data processing of your data is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract.
- We provide customer service, deal with your enquiries or complaints and provide product warranty support. The data processing of your data is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract.
In this context, some of your personal data will be collected and processed to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you, such as when you purchase our products, contact our customer service or make warranty claims. If you choose not to provide us with the requested and necessary personal data, we may not be able to fully satisfy your request.
Transfer of your personal data to third parties
In principle, we collect and process data to simplify and improve the products and services of calina.systems. We do not sell your personal data and do not pass on the above-mentioned data to third parties, except to the extent specified in this data protection policy.
We may pass on your personal data to third parties to the extent required by law or on the basis of a decision by an authorised authority, as well as for criminal prosecution purposes. We may also share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Authorised calina.systems dealers who supply products to you to ensure a consistent level of service in relation to our products and services and to improve our products, our services and your customer experience.
- Third party vendors who provide services for us in the following areas: Billing, sales, marketing, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, product service, support, shipping and order processing, data backup, validation, security, fraud prevention, payment processing and legal services. These third parties are authorized to provide these services, but are not permitted to use your personal information for any other purpose.
- Third parties who are involved in the investigation, enforcement or defence of legal claims of calina.systems
- Third parties in the case of mergers, sales, joint ventures, transfers, assignments, transfers or other disposals of all or some shares of assets or shares of calina.systems (including and without limitation in connection with insolvency or similar proceedings).
- Other third parties with your consent.
When we share your personal information with third parties, we take all necessary steps to ensure that these third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal information. The disclosure will be made in compliance with legal requirements, including the conclusion of a data processing agreement with the third parties concerned, in order to ensure that personal data is processed exclusively in accordance with and for the purpose specified by us, in compliance with our regulations, applicable law and applicable rules, and to ensure adequate security measures.
Storage of your personal data
We do not store your information longer than necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected. The length of time for which we store information depends on the purpose of collection and use.
Personal data relating to your purchase and product warranty information will be stored and processed for a period of five years from the date of purchase, unless an extended service contract applies to you or in order to pursue our legal claims, in which case the storage of such information is deemed necessary.
Personal data for the provision of direct marketing to you will be stored and processed for a period of three years from the date of your last active use of our marketing communications or other expression of interest.
After the expiry of the aforementioned periods, the relevant personal data will be deleted, unless the data can be lawfully stored and processed for other purposes for which there is a legal basis.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device whenever you visit a website. It enables us to recognise your computer and to analyse how you navigate around our website. Some cookies are stored in your browser cache.
Pixels are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier that are embedded in websites, online ads and/or e-mails. They are used to collect usage information, such as ad impressions or clicks and email opening rates, to measure the popularity of the ads and to access user cookies.
Please note that you can set your browser to notify you when a cookie is set or updated, or you can generally block cookies. For more information, please refer to the "Help" section of your browser.
Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymisation on these websites, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area before. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide further services to the website operator in connection with website and Internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google. You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser software accordingly. However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google, if you click here: deactivate Google Analytics.
Responsibility for processing
calina.systems GmbH, Bergfeldstraße 1 in 83607 Holzkirchen is responsible for processing your personal data.
Information about your personal data and data
transferabilityAt any time and free of charge, you will receive information about the personal data stored by us about your person as well as the origin, the recipient and the purpose of data collection and data processing.
Blocking and deleting your personal data
You also have the right to request that your data be blocked and deleted. This does not apply to data that is stored due to legal regulations or required for the proper handling of business. To ensure that a data block can be implemented at any time, data is kept in a block file for control purposes. If data is not covered by a statutory archiving obligation, we will delete your data at your request. If the archiving obligation applies, we block your data.
Right to withdraw your consent
Some of the processing operations carried out by calina.systems may be based on your consent. In such a case, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time.
If you revoke your consent, calina.systems and third parties involved in data processing will stop processing your personal data, unless further processing or storage is permitted or required according to the applicable legislation on personal data or on the basis of other applicable laws and regulations. Please note that the revocation of your consent may mean that we may no longer be able to fulfil your requests or provide you with our services.
Right of appeal
If you wish to lodge a complaint with calina.systems about a violation of data protection, please send it by post to calina.systems GmbH, Bergfeldstraße 1, 83607 Holzkirchen, Germany or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five working days. We will do our best to solve the problem as soon as possible. Should it take longer to respond to your complaint, we will inform you of this and give you the appropriate reasons.
calina.systems GmbH, Bergfeldstraße 1, 83607 Holzkirchen, Germany
or by e-mail to email@example.com